Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I am officially the worst blogger...

Well, it is official. I am the WORST blogger! I just realized that I had not updated our blog in over 5 months. Instead of trying to go back through everything, I'm going to start fresh!

To start - here is a the most recent photo of our little family!



Myla is now 6 months old (going on 7 in a few short weeks) and I can't believe it. Everyone said time went fast once you became a parent, but I had no idea it would go this quick. I can't even tell you what we've done in the last 6 months and I certainly can't tell you what I did with my time before our little girl came into our lives.

I always knew I wanted to be a parent, but I had no idea how much I would enjoy spending my days with my child!


Every day is a new adventure! Yesterday (4th of July), Myla realized that the little girl in the mirror does the same thing she does. When she gives the baby a kiss - the baby in the mirror kisses her back! It's absolutely adorable. She and I sat on the floor looking in her mirror - I was amazed that 20 minutes could go by and all I can tell you is that I just watched her learn and observe her surroundings.


Speaking of that, she can sit all by herself for a significant period of time and when she tips over - she does it so gracefully! Certainly she didn't get that skill from her mother (I may be the most clumsy person in the world - especially in my younger years!)


A few weekends ago, we traveled to Neillsville to celebrate Ian's grandparents 60th anniversary with a surprise party! Needless to say, Myla was the star of the day and Great Grandpa and Grandma Meier loved showing her off to all of their friends! Myla is such a lucky little girl to have so many great grandparents and grandparents in her life! And to Great Grandpa and Grandma Meier - congrats on 60 years together - that is no small feat! Thank you for being such fabulous role models to the Meier boys (and now to the first Meier girl!)

Clarence and Marie Meier holding Myla

The Meier Family
Clarence & Marie Meier holding Myla Meier (front row - left to right)
Karin Meier, Jeff Meier, Sandy Meier, Ali Dammeir, Jeb Meier, Ian Meier, Jacie Meier, Carrie Meier, and Seth Meier (back row - left to right)




Now, on to my midyear resolution - blog more! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment